August 2009 Car Sales Stats
Published September 9, 2009
Although CCT hasnt yet got around to looking over August 2009?s car sales statistics for China, its looking like it was a bumper month for car makers with many of them posting sales increases of over 100%
- Shanghai-VW sold 65,000 cars an increase of 109%
- Shanghai-GM sold 63,000 cars an increase of 100%
- FAW-VW sold 65,000 cars an increase of 65%
- Guangzhou-Honda sold 27,000 cars, an increase of 9.5%
- Beijing-Hyundai sold 51,000 cars, an increase of 208%
- Dongfeng-Kia sold 21,000 cars, an increase of 105%
- Changan Ford sold 21,000 cars, an increase of 111%
- Changhan Mazda soldÂ 5900 cars, an increase of 124%
- Dongfeng-Citroen sold 21,000cars, an increase of 111%
- FAW-Mazda sold 8,600 cars, an increase of 15%
So basically, many car companies boosted sales by 100% or more, Beijing Hyundai increased sales by 208%, which is probably why they can afford Saab. Mazda is not doing great in China with its two JV partners, but to still increase its sales by such a small margin is still a good thing when compared to overseas sales.
More statistics coming soon.