Navigation

Dongfeng Quietly Buys Saab’s Engineering Company

Published October 15, 2012

In 2018 China Car Times was acquired by Autowise. This article originally appeared on ChinaCarTimes.com.

Dongfeng Auto announced today that it has bought a 70% share in the Swedish engineering firm, T Engineering AB. T Engineering was a spin off from Saab Automobile Powertrain and focuses on developing powertrains for the automotive world.

The original agreement was signed on December 8th 2011 and will see Dongfeng buy 70% of the company in stage one and in stage two buy the remaining 30% after a two year waiting period which will see T Engineering become Dongfengs first overseas R&D facility.

According to Dongfengs Overseas Spokesman, Zhou Mi, the company bought T Engineering to assist Dongfeng in developing energy efficient and new energy vehcicles and will jointly work on 3 new technology projects in 2013.

Categories:

Tags:

About

The BMW 8-Series rear 3/4

BMW announced to build a new $1.2 billion plant in Hungary

Honda Supercharged V-Twin Patent 1

Honda Reveal Supercharged V-Twin Patents!

7 Chinese Motorcycle Clones That Look Like The Real Deal

Ford Says China Growth Will Outstrip Industry Average

Who is Kandi Technologies Group (KNDI)?

Honda To Introduce 12 Models into China by 2015

Just for FUN! MG3 Launched in the UK

MG UK Responds to Jeremy Clarkson

Five Chinese Cars That Were Ahead of Their Time

China’s Tit for Tat Trade War With the EU

At Autowise, we envision ourselves as not just a automobile blog or an automobile news website, instead we see our website as a platform to connect all automobile enthusiast and provide them with all the information they need.

Office Address: AutoWise, 809 N 30th St. Rogers, AR 75756
Emailcontact@autowise.com

© Copyright 2010 - 2018 AutoWise. All rights reserved.