Taking a Road Trip? Top 5 Vehicles with the Best Fuel Mileage
Updated September 6, 2012
When it comes to road trips, not only do you want to put the pedal to the medal, but you want it to be cost effective as well. With gas well over $4 per gallon in most states and not looking to come down anytime soon, your best bet is to leave the gas guzzler at home and spring for one of these vehicles with great fuel mileage on your next road trip.
Granted, not all of them are pretty but the true beauty lies in those extra dollars in your wallet, and really, what’s better than that?
Top 2013 Models to Take on the Road
The top five models below are recommended in terms of fuel consumption and are listed in the order of which they should be considered. Keep in mind that your total fuel mileage may vary depending on how fast you drive the car – speeding decreases your mileage significantly so leave those lead shoes at home – and the terrain on which you travel on.
- 2013 Toyota Camry – Hybrid Model – The trusted name of Toyota has been continuously pushing out cars that are not only designed to provide increasing safety measures, but also increasing fuel mileage. Granted, this is probably not your first choice for a road trip – but come on – the Dodge Viper only gets approximately 8 miles to the gallon while this Camry can go a whopping 627 miles before you need to stop. That’s a whole lot of miles on a single tank of gas.
- 2013 Ford C-Max – Hybrid Model – Want a car that can take you 576 miles? You can find it right here with the Ford C-Max. That’s right folks, this minivan gets a whopping 47 miles per gallon. Now you have room to spare and gas to burn…what’s your destination?
- 2013 Porsche Cayenne – Diesel Model – Great news for the Porsche lovers! Now you and your sweetheart can take that long road trip you’ve always dreamed of in the Porsche Cayenne Diesel model. With an estimated 29 mpg on the highway, this gorgeous car is capable of driving 546 miles before you need to consider putting gas in it. Sleek and cost-effective, not exactly something you see every day.
- 2013 Audi Q7 TDI – Audi lovers take notice, now you can drive 523 miles uninterrupted – well except for the necessary restroom breaks – in the 2013 Audi Q7 TDI. With an estimated 28 mpg on the open highway, you’ll enjoy cruising for hours and hours and hours…well, you get the point.
- 2013 Lexus GS – Hit the road, Jack! With this 2013 Lexus GS, you’ll be itching to hit the road, already. Travel in luxury, comfort and style all the while getting 34 MPG. With a 17.4 gallon tank, this means you won’t have to stop for at least 485 miles…now that’s what I call cost effective!
No matter what your next destination is whether you are traveling 500 miles or 1,000, you have a variety of cars you can choose from now. Leave the compact “economy” cars at home and hop in one of these babies! Hasta la Vista!
Categories: Gear Grinding