Automotive aftermarket performance tuner Saleen has already stepped up with its high-performance off-road version of the 2021 Ford Bronco. It only took them about 48-hours after the Bronco’s launch to announce these details! Behold, the 2021 Saleen Big Oly Bronco.
2021 Saleen Big Oly Bronco
The 2021 Saleen Bronco pays homage to “Big Oly.” Big Oly is a custom made off-road racing Bronco piloted by legendary racer Parnelli Jones back in the 1970s. It won back to back victories in the Mexican 1000, the precursor to today’s Baja 1000 races. Saleen‘s new Bronco homage to the legendary race truck isn’t a one-off custom tube-chassis race truck, but instead a thoroughly upgraded 2-door 2021 Ford Bronco.
Saleen hasn’t yet talked about any engine, brake, or suspension upgrades. It does list a full line up impressive off-road upgrades to this already impressively capable platform, however. Highlights are forged carbon skid plates, tons of high quality LED lighting, muscular composite bodywork, and a rear tire carrier/bumper. Race-inspired is an understatement!
We very much look forward to seeing what Saleen plans to do with the powertrain, driveline, and suspension, as performance mods are a big part of what Saleen is known for. From the render, this Bronco does look to have 37-inch or larger tires and to be sporting big external reservoir King Shocks.
Saleen Big Oly Bronco Upgrades:
• Front bumper with Integrated LED Light Array and forged carbon skid plate
• Grille surround in forged carbon with Baja Blue accent color
• Composite front fenders with integrated forged carbon fender vent
• Power Hood
• Dual A-Pillar mount LED driving light
• Roof Mount Pro 8 light bar
• Rocker panel guards
• Body Color removable roof with modular roof rack
• Composite rear fenders and quarter panel
• Adjustable rear roof spoiler
• Rear tire carrier and rear bumper
• ‘Big Oly’ inspired winning livery with Olympia insignia and Baja Blue accent
Racing And/Or Road in 2021?
Inquire about getting your own Saleen Bronco HERE. No word on pricing, volume, or availability just yet from Saleen. We’ll keep drooling over these renders while we wait for the details. Will we see these new Saleen Bronco’s only on the road, or might we also see on in next year’s Baja 1000?